A posthumous edition of 5 prints has been pulled from the original copper plate on Arches paper 250g/m
Iron production commenced at Mostyn in the mid 1800’s. The
combination of a colliery, iron works and a dock made the whole
enterprise extremely successful.
In its hey-day the combined colliery
and ironworks employed 1,900 people and exported finished steel
products worldwide through the Mostyn Quay (now The Port of Mostyn). The
ironworks closed down in 1965.